Associated Students Transportation Reimbursement Program
Associated Students has made funding available for a pilot transportation program. Renewal of this program is on a quarter-by-quarter basis and the program is subject to change or termination at any time as this program is not considered a legal mandate under ADA.
Application for injury-related transportation reimbursement may be initiated by completing an online application. Instructions can be found at Using the DSP Portal.
Once you have uploaded documentation of your injury, it will be evaluated and you will be contacted with a registration status update. The transportation reimbursement program is a campus service and reimbursement will begin on the date of the initial injury.
Reimbursement will be provided for Uber and Lyft rides under the following conditions:
You will be reimbursed for academic and treatment-related travel expenses using a transportation service (Lyft, Uber, etc.). Associated Students will reimburse use of service to and from class, medical appointments, and physical therapy appointments within the Isla Vista/Goleta/Santa Barbara area.
To download an Associated Students Requisition (Reimbursement) Form, click here:
***Please provide full receipts, either copied from emails sent to you or downloaded from the rideshare app. Receipts must include dates, times, and an origin and destination address. Maps should be included in case the app provides a random/nondescript address for a campus location (see FAQ #3 below). If the information provided to DSP is not enough to determine if trips are eligible for reimbursement, you will be asked to submit new receipts with full information, which may prevent your reimbursement from processing in a timely manner.
- You must be approved for this program by your DSP specialist to request reimbursement. To apply for DSP, follow the instructions here: https://dsp.sa.ucsb.edu/accommodations/how-apply.
- You will need to incur the initial cost of transportation. Make sure you save the receipts.
- At the end of the month, email your Uber/Lyft receipts to DSP's Support Services Coordinator, Kalli Talafus, at email@example.com.
- Please also complete an A.S. Requisition Form. An editable pdf of this form can be found above; this should be emailed along with your receipts.
- DSP will submit receipts at the beginning of the following month. Ex: Receipts for September will be submitted to A.S. in the first week of October. You will receive a reminder email with the deadline a few days before they are to be taken to A.S.
- Please allow Associated Students 10 business days to process your reimbursement. Checks can be picked up from the A.S. Ticket Office two weeks after DSP has submitted the receipts. If you have questions about your reimbursement or the status of your check, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. (DSP doesn't have any role in cutting the checks and will not be able to answer questions about their status.)
Please note the following additional conditions that apply to this reimbursement program:
- There is a monthly limit of $200 in reimbursed rides.
- Receipts should include a date, a time and an origin and destination address.
- Travel on the weekends is limited to mandated academic programs and should be accompanied by a syllabus that indicates this.
- Travel should begin and terminate no later than 10:30 pm.
- Rides within Isla Vista should begin or end at a campus property such as IV Theatre or Embarcadero Hall.
- Receipts should be submitted on a monthly basis. Receipts for rides longer than a month ago are not eligible for reimbursement.
- Tips are limited to $1 per ride.
- Any exceptions to these rules must be approved in writing prior to receiving reimbursement.
- Requests for reimbursement will be submitted to Associated Students within the first week of the following month. Please allow A.S. up to 10 business days for a response.
Additionally, if you need assistance with fronting the cost of the ride share, please check out these resources through the Financial Response Team:
Please contact email@example.com if you have any additional questions.
Please follow the below instructions when completing the form. This form must be returned to DSP's Support Services Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org at the end of each calendar month. A separate form will need to be submitted for each month of receipts.
You are only responsible for completing the following fields. DO NOT write in any other portion of the form.
- Payable to: [Your name]
- Phone: [Your phone number]
- Date Requested: [Date you are filling this out]
- When given the option to select "purchase order," "check," or "journal entry," select "check."
- Total of the receipts next to "Total Price."
- How long will it take to receive my check?
A: Receipts are submitted within the first week of the month (for reimbursement requests for the previous month's receipts). Please allow Associated Students 10 business days to process your reimbursement. Checks can be picked up from the A.S. Ticket Office two weeks after DSP has submitted the receipts. If you have questions about your reimbursement or the status of your check, please email email@example.com. DSP doesn't have any role in cutting the checks and will not be able to answer questions about their status.
- My receipt doesn't list the name of the campus building I departed from, just an Isla Vista address. How will you know it was a campus location?
A: There are two primary buildings in Isla Vista in which UCSB classes are taught: Embarcadero Hall (935 Embarcadero del Norte, Isla Vista, CA 93117) and Isla Vista Theatre ( 960 Embarcadero del Norte, Isla Vista, CA 93117). Please use these addresses if you are going to a class in one of these buildings.
- I traveled to the library but the Uber app shows it on the map by giving a generic IV address and I could not change it. How do I know it isn't going to be taken off because it doesn't look like an official UCSB address?
A: When it shows a generic IV address for a campus location, we refer to the map that comes on the receipt which will pinpoint that to its campus location.
- I brought in my receipts __ months ago and haven't heard anything. Where's my check? A: Please contact Associated Students at firstname.lastname@example.org. DSP delivers the receipts to A.S. once a month. We have no role in the distribution of your reimbursement.
- How do I turn in my receipts?
A: You can send your receipts to Kalli Talafus at email@example.com. Please include a completed A.S. Requisition form (download link available above).
- My classes are in buildings that can't be reached via a road. Do you provide any other transportation options for intra-campus travel?
A: Access to many campus buildings can be achieved by using some service roads where you can be dropped off or picked up so long as the vehicle is not parking. Additionally, Student Health provides golf cart rides to and from Student Health appointments. At this time, there is no other campus transportation program. If you are interested in scooters or other equipment, a list of community resources can be found here.
- If I have my own car, can I get discounted or free parking if I am approved for this program through DSP?
A: No. At this point there is no program which will cover the cost of a campus parking permit. Information on disability parking on campus can be found here.